Approved Minutes of Board Meetings
Regular meeting
May 11, 2005

The regular meeting of the Pelican Town Board was called to order by Chairman Bruce Galles. Present: Bruce Galles, Ted Rice, Robert Olson, Suzanne Goerges and Shirley Wallin.

Josef Garcia from the Breezy Point Police Dept. gave his report for the month of April. They apprehended the 2 men for the burglaries in our township. Joe said he is watching closely for speeding. May is click-it-or ticket month, so buckle up.  The new squad car is in, but is not outfitted, as of yet. Paramedic equipment is coming soon.

Minutes of April 11th meeting were reviewed, R. Olson made a motion to approve with corrections, seconded by T. Rice, motion carried.

Treasurers report given: Opening Balance $169,873.96, Receipts: $13,056.23, Disbursements: $10,975.94, Ending Balance: $171,954.25, Checkbook Balance: $193.41, Savings Balance: $71,760.84, CD Balance: $100,000.00, All Funds Balance: $171,954.25. CD is maturing on June 15th, Treasurer will do some research on rates for both 3 month & 6 month CD. T. Rice made a motion to approve Treasurers report, seconded by R. Olson, motion carried.

Bills to be paid were reviewed, T. Rice made a motion to pay all bills, seconded by R. Olson, motion carried.

Correspondences were read.

ROAD REPORT:  T. Rice talked to Larry Blaeser about the basketball hoop being right on the road, T. Rice felt he didnít get anywhere with him. May have to have Josef Garcia (our law enforcement officer) talk to him. T. Rice checked on the cost of renting a sweeper, ranging from  $108 - $275 a day for sweeper. Can get a bobcat, sweeper & trailer $219.00 a day. He also talked to the DNR and they have a big sweeper, they will let him know the rental cost per day on that.  T. Rice found out that our truck is not designed to be able to put a belly blade on it. Update on Sunset Valley Rd. project- Land Trust will not approve anything on Margaret Larsonís land or with her driveway, (we may need to put in a culvert for her driveway though). All work will be done on DNR land only.  . There will probably be some mailbox disturbances and may need to put in new ones. Board will write a letter to Mark & Regina Meixner about giving permission to fill in part of the hole across from Wallins South Shore road so we can put up a barrier for safety purposes. Still working on getting everything in line for the Sunset Valley Rd. project.  T. Rice talked to road maintenance person, T. Loberg and he is almost done with the crack sealing.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:  Sanitary Management District- the I- Team Powers Board has been in touch with Mark Daytonís office to see if they can get a grant.

ZONING: none

OLD BUSINESS: none

No transfer of Funds

Next Meeting Date will be Wednesday June 8th at 7:30 PM changed from Monday June 13th.

Clerk will check to see what is required to permanently change meeting date.
 

Meeting adjourned by General Consent.

Respectfully Submitted,

Shirley Wallin, Clerk